Monday, October 25, 2010

I was recently introduced to digital scrapbooking. I have the pleasure of freelancing for Nan Scott Design Studios, which is where I first heard about this modern way to create beautiful photo albums! Her digital scrapbooking kits are clean, modern and so much FUN to create with!

It seems like not long ago, I loved waiting excitedly for my film (what's that?!?!) to be developed and I would always get doubles or triple prints to share with my friends. I created scrapbooks for my memories using paper, stickers, glitter, even pressed flowers to tell a story along with the photos in the album. I still have these scrapbooks, and I am positive that one day I will be showing my kids and grandkids all the funny photos inside.

Fast forward to 2010, when the most common way to share photos is on facebook. It is an excellent way to stay in contact and it's great to be able to share my memories with friends and family from all over the world. But what about the art of creating something beautiful and tangible that will withstand a computer crash? Don't get me wrong- definitely DO backup your photos!! :-) This is where the genius of digital scrapbooking comes in. I will just quote Nan Scott Design Studios, because they really say the mission best:

"To give (people) the joy of knowing they have unlocked the potential of their personal photography. We do this by enabling them to quickly and easily create beautiful digital albums and projects, and by offering simple and inspiring ideas for memory-keeping that will work for a lifetime."

Ah, the best of both worlds. Whether you prefer posting your photos through social networking, or printing them into real albums to keep for a lifetime, digital scrapbooking offers limitless options to print, post, blog..... and most importantly, share with loved ones the moments that make life so great.

Puddle Jumpin' Cards linocut designs are featured in Simple Scrapper's New Release Highlights for October! The digital scrapbooking kit is called, "Cascadia" and features designs perfect for putting together an album using camping, hiking or other "outdoorsy" photos!

I'm currently working on creating pages using the Cascadia Kit with the photos of my now-husband proposing to me in Whistler, B.C., as well as our engagement session with Joli Photographie that were taken at Mount Hood. I'll post photos soon! Until then, here is a preview of the Cascadia Kit!




No comments:

Post a Comment